Dying Matters Awareness Week 2017
This year was our eighth Awareness Week. With each passing year, the week has grown in size and impact, with increasing numbers of people getting involved.
During Awareness Week, our coalition members hosted hundreds of events across England and Wales, reaching thousands of people. The events were bolstered by extensive media coverage, local, national and international.
There are lots of ideas for event you can hold for Awareness Week. Here are some that took place last year:
- Funeral home open days and cemetery tours
- Stalls in shopping centres and supermarkets, hospitals and hospices and even on buses
- Wills workshops
- Film screenings
- Talks on everything from Egyptian burial methods to laughter therapy
- "Healing" woodland walks and spiritual ceremonies.
- Coffee mornings
- Training sessions for carers, medical professionals and volunteers
- Twitter and Facebook campaigns
Sign up to our newsletter to make sure you receive all the latest information about the week and how you can get involved: subscribe now.