Dying Matters Award
Enter Now! Complete the Dying Matters Award entry form.
General criteria and guidance
- Unless otherwise stated, Innovation entries will consist of an introductory statement of 650 characters (including spaces) followed by a statement of no more than 3,500 characters (including spaces), as to why the entrant feels his or her organisation/project should win. The statement should be based on the information outlined below. Entrants may also submit supporting information such as relevant literature, media coverage, etc.Extra info should be e-mailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly identifying which entry it refers to.
- Each entry will be judged by a panel appointed by Hospice UK.
- Each category will have a winner, with no runners up.
- Members and Subscribers of Hospice UK are eligible to enter, with the exception of the Towergate Hospice Team of the Year Award, which is only open to member hospices. The Dying Matters Award is open to those who registered an event in England, Wales (via Byw Nawr) and Northern Ireland.
- No one employed by Hospice UK may enter the awards.
- Projects should have been initiated or be completed during the twelve month period up to end August 2018.
- By entering these awards, entrants agree to work with Hospice UK to develop a case study about their project which can be shared with other hospices.
- In certain circumstances, if the standard of entries is considered not high enough, the judges may elect not to make a particular award.
- The closing date for entries in all categories is 14 September 2018.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
Suggested information to include in your Dying Matters entry
- Describe briefly the events and activities undertaken
- What other organisations or local bodies were involved in arranging and delivering these events and activities?
- What makes these events and activities stand out from others?
- How do you know the event/these activities made a difference? Please provide quotes and numbers that illustrate the difference made and asummary of any local media coverage received.
- The panel will be keen to hear about the impact or the difference your event has made.