Working with bereaved teenagers
- explore the world of the teenager and develop a deeper understanding of the struggles teenagers face
- gain an understanding of the theories of loss and mourning in relation to teenagers
- recognise the diverse needs of bereaved teenagers
- explore our own experiences of loss and how it impacts on us when we observe the grief of others
- identify ways to encourage emotional literacy in adolescents
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend
This training is for all professionals who encounter bereaved teenagers in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
Child Bereavement UK
Stratford Advice Arcade
107-109 The Grove
Thanks to the support of The Eranda Rothschild Foundation, all remaining places on this course date have been reduced to £60 from £120. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I feel that this has enabled me to feel more confident when working with teens dealing with bereavement. It was good to hear the experiences of others in the group.” Family support worker – children’s hospice
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.