When a child dies – supporting parents and families
- explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss
- recognise physical and emotional reactions to loss
- identify the potential impact on a couple’s relationship
- explore women’s and men’s behaviours in grief
- gain an understanding of how to enhance the care and support offered to all members of the grieving family,
- including siblings and grandparents
- relate theories of grief to practices in the workplace
- explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
For all those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the death of their child.
Child Bereavement UK,
Clare Charity Centre,
£120. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I will ensure I follow the advice provided at the training day such as how to break bad news and consideration of other family members.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.