Supporting parents through pregnancy loss and the death of a baby
- explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss, grief and bereavement
- recognise physical and emotional reactions to grief
- gain an understanding of what parents may need when they are faced with the death of their baby
- be aware of current guidelines, research and initiatives around baby loss and bereavement support
- be aware of current baby death statistics and data
- relate theories of grief to practices in the workplace
- gain an insight into differing faiths, beliefs and cultures
- explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other support organisations and resources available
Who should attend
An introductory workshop for all those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the loss of a baby through miscarriage, termination due to fetal anomaly, stillbirth or neonatal death.
Foot Anstey – International House
Southampton International Business Park
George Curl Way
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Foot Anstey for kindly providing the venue for this training date.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“This was an informative, sensitive and well-delivered workshop.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.