An introduction to loss, grief and bereavement
- gain a deeper understanding of loss, grief and bereavement
- gain insight from listening to grieving families’ needs
- appreciate the importance of self-awareness in supporting others
- relate theories of loss to our own and others’ experiences
- identify approaches for telephone, individual and group support
- gain an understanding of the importance of endings and what needs to be considered when ending the supportive relationship
- recognise the importance of looking after ourselves and and identify ways of supporting ourselves
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
An introductory workshop suitable for individuals from all professions who would like to develop their knowledge and skills in bereavement.
Level 4, Lombard House
145 Great Charles Street
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Travelers for kindly providing the venue for this training day.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I feel incredibly well informed on a very emotive and wide ranging subject.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.