There is a simple format for the evening as follows:
1. I'll be there to welcome you to the event.
2. Buy any refreshments that you want.
3. Sit anywhere - we’ll end up in small groups of about 6 people, and will stay in the same group for the evening. You can choose if you want to sit with people you know or if you prefer to sit at different tables.
4. When everyone has arrived I'll give a brief introduction.
5. You chat! There is no formal structure: it will be a confidential space, in which you can talk within your group about anything to do with death, dying or end of life. You can share each other's fears, concerns and stories - both positive and negative.
Many people come away invigorated and uplifted from Death Cafe events, but death is a delicate subject for some people, so please consider if you are comfortable talking openly about such things before taking part.
More information about Death Cafe can be found here - https://deathcafe.com