Creative ways of working with bereaved children
- identify the importance of helping children find ways to express themselves and their feelings
- explore and develop self-awareness and support for ourselves
- gain an understanding of the theories of loss and grief in relation to children
- experience creative ways of helping children and families
- learn from others on the workshop, sharing examples of their work
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This day is suitable for all those whose work or volunteering includes contact with families where children are bereaved in the social services, education, health or voluntary sector. Prior to attending, participants should have foundation level of knowledge around grief and loss with some experience.
West Lothian Drug and Alcohol Service (WLDAS)
Floor 1, The Almondbank Centre
£35. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank WLDAS for kindly providing the training venue and the Scottish Government for supporting this training day.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“The course has increased my self-confidence and I’ve gained some fabulous new ideas and tools to work with. ” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.