Communicating with families when children have a life-limiting condition and complex needs
- gain a deeper understanding of families’ needs
- identify general family pressures, enabling professionals to facilitate focused support services
- gain an understanding of parents’ responses to loss and grief before and after their child’s death
- explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
- identify the role of a ‘key worker’ in view of National Service Framework recommendations
- become familiar with useful tools to aid communication between service providers and families
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for professionals based in the community or in a hospital setting.
Slater Gordon Offices
58 Mosely Street
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Slater and Gordon for kindly providing the venue for this training day.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I feel better equipped for handling difficult conversations – both with adults, and with children.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.