Children and young people – loss, death and grief
- gain understanding of a child’s perception of death
- gain an understanding of the theory of loss and mourning in relation to children and young people
- identify an awareness of our own needs as professional carers and explore ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- recognise the diverse needs of bereaved children and young people, and the importance of advocacy
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This day is for all professionals who come into contact with bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector (originally devised with support from The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund).
Foot Anstey Offices
100 Victoria Street
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Foot Anstey for kindly providing the training venue for the day.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“It is going to give me the ability to bring our bereavement service forward, and the confidence to begin hands on work with the children.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.