Bereavement support training workshop by The Loss Foundation
People who do not receive adequate grief support are more likely to develop debilitating mental health problems such as post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety and suicidal ideation.
Grief can be complex to approach as a therapist. At The Loss Foundation we offer tailored trainings facilitated by HCPC- registered clinical pychologists using an evidence-based approach rooted in our 10 years experience running cancer bereavement support groups in the community.
We provide a clear and structured path to building resilience to grief and share our experience on how to run grief support groups.
- Learn about the pychological models of grief
- Learn how to feel comfortable introducing and talking abour death and loss
- Explore the reasons why people may resist talking about grief and loss
- Learn how to help them overcome their fears
- Explore a case study
- Learn how to run and manage a support group
- Learn about the specifics of cancer bereavement
Location and date Tuesday, October 22nd from 10am to 4pm