- The Big Conversation: Awareness Week 2016 resources
- Awareness Packs
- Dying Matters presentation
- School lesson plan
- Linking to Dying Matters
- GP Pilot Project
- Bereavement cards and end of life games
- Putting death in the picture
- Advance care planning for volunteers
- Homeless people
- Community Pack
We're Living Well but Dying Matters
'We’re living well but Dying Matters', produced by CHANGE for Dying Matters and the National End of Life Care Programme, is about including people with learning difficulties in discussions around death, dying and bereavement.
Like everyone else, people with learning disabilities need to be able to acknowledge their loss and mourn when someone close to them dies. They also need to be included in important decisions around end of life (especially their own), be able to ask questions and have their emotional needs and dying wishes recorded.
In this film, people with learning disabilities tell their stories and share their wishes to support other people with learning disabilities to become more comfortable talking about dying, death and bereavement.
We're Living Well but Dying Matters - full version
Buy 'We Are Living Well But Dying Matters'
'We Are Living Well But Dying Matters' is available to buy at £6.00 from the Dying Matters shop.
'We're living well but Dying Matters' is also available in chapters:
'We're living well but Dying Matters' is a great resource for:
- People with learning disabilities and their friends, families and loved ones, to support and encourage conversations around dying, death and bereavement
Staff who work with people with learning disabilities to:
- highlight the importance of including people with learning disabilities
- provide training in how to make conversations accessible