Understanding traumatic bereavement
- gain an understanding of what constitutes a traumatic event and how it impacts upon people
- gain an understanding of how the traumatic nature of death may impede grief
- gain an understanding of how therapy and therapeutic opportunities can diminish the traumatic effects, clearing the path for the grieving process
- recognise the role of the family and other adults around children in assisting them to “process” their traumatic experiences
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all those whose work involves supporting those traumatically bereaved.
Travelers, 3rd floor,
33 St Mary Axe
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Travelers for kindly supporting us by providing the training venue.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I had very little knowledge of what constituted a ‘traumatic bereavement’ and how this affects the grief process and how it can link to PTSD. I feel this course has helped me to understand more, particularly the risk factors associated with PTSD.” Children’s’ hospice nurse
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.