The challenges of supporting parents through the neonatal experience
- identify the ways in which we communicate and the impact of our communication in both the short and long term
- explore the feelings of loss and grief often experienced by parents of a premature or sick baby
- consider the moral and ethical dilemmas we are often faced with when working in an intensive care setting
- reflect on the impact of this work on us, the professional carer
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend
This workshop will look at the neonatal experience from the perspective of a parent and a professional. It is suitable for all neonatal nurses, doctors and other healthcare staff working in a neonatal unit. This may also be appropriate for those working on delivery and post natal units.
3rd floor, Exchequer Court
33 St Mary Axe
Thanks to the support of the Eranda Rothschild Foundation, all remaining places on this course date have been reduced to £60. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. Thanks to Travelers for providing the training venue.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“Thank you so much for this study day. Relevant, practical topics and discussions delivered by knowledgeable and passionate facilitators. A study day that will benefit my future practice and the babies under my care.” Staff nurse – Neonatal Unit
“I was disappointed the day came to an end and would recommend this to teams inside and outside the NHS.” Senior Key Worker
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.